Tuesday, December 11, 2007

My First Post

*** REVISION TO THIS POST***

As indicated below, this blog is not really about my ministry.  However, much of what I say below about my ministry is out of  date.  My ministry has really grown - and changed - since this first post.  Please go to www.jjdison.com for an update on my current ministry.  Thanks.


***As Originally Posted***


This is my first post to this new blog of mine. For this first post, I don't want to reveal too much other than to say that roughly one year ago, after 22 years of running away from God's calling like Jonah, I finally surrendered to the call of his ministry. For me, every day is an exercize in totally surrendering to Jesus Christ, because for so many years, I refused to do just that. I was saved, but I was a miserable believer because I was living in disobedience to God's call on my life. So last January (2007), at 40 years of age, I committed my life to the gospel ministry and began my seminary journey. I am still working full time, but I am going to seminary part time and have a part time (is there really such a thing) ministry as a Children's Minister. To check out my ministry, go to www.centercrest.org, then click on the "CenterKids" menu item. I also have blogs related to my children's ministry on that site, so feel free to click on "Blogs and Sermons" and check out "Big Daddy's Blogs". Yep, that's me, Big Daddy. One look at my picture will tell you how I got that name. That's OK, it is a term of endearment from the kids. Children's ministries, though, are not my ultimate calling. I truly believe God is calling me into the preaching ministry, and I occassionally get to preach. So, while you are on the Centercrest web site, please feel free to check out the sermon's online... occasionally mine are out there.

I don't expect this blog to be about my ministry. Rather, I expect it to be more about my own spiritual growth. I encourage your feedback. Hopefully my postings will encourage and edify you in your own growth.

No comments: